Monday 26 April 2021

'Lockdown from a Tiger's Point Of View - Ranked among TOP10 Essays in InterSchool International Tiger's Day Competition

Hey, I am Nova the tiger. I was born in a deep, green forest in South Africa. I was living a spectacular and enjoyable life with my parents, feeling like a prince. All animals there befriended me, not out of fear, but because I was loyal and loved to make friends and play. My mates were Snorky the elephant, Snowball the rabbit, and Charlie the green parrot. We used to play all day long, I used to sit on Snorky’s back, and have magnanimous rides!

It was a dark and clear night, I was gushing around in the dancing grass, living the moment, but it was all until they came. They blew screechy and irritating horns, freaked out the animals, caged the rare, including me, locked us in a purplish van with zebra stripes, which read Zoonimal, and went away at the speed of a cheetah. 

I was already in misery and pain when I noticed my parents weren’t there! I hoped they came in another van, or this all was a dream, but unfortunately, none of that happened. I cried out, and all the others did too! Unfortunately, I didn’t spot any of my friends.

Since then, I had been living inside these bars. The people here were giving me food. But for a reason. Many passersby strolled, former got scared of me, latter realizing I was caged and laughed at me. I felt humiliated. Humans did so many crimes against our kinds, who can’t speak for themselves. And they paid a lot for seeing the uncommon animals.

They took us for various shows, tamed us, and then started treating us like slaves, and experimenting on us, seeing if they could get more money out of it, not giving it a thought that what trauma we will be in.

They hunted for us. They chased us like anything in Jeeps, having different violent weapons. Even if they killed a tiger, for instance, they would traumatize its family.


Now, none of this is happening, so it’s an advantage for us.


But there are also disadvantages. There are no visitors to zoos and wildlife parks, so there are really fewer funds. Due to this, my kind, a lot of them are starving and even dying. This is the biggest reason I hope this ends fast.



Now the humans are caged. They can’t go out except for really important reasons. Many of them are separated from their family. Most poor people are starving. So many people are dying due to the disease itself. This is like mother nature is taking our revenge, restoring its power. 



But all of them weren’t against us. There were various save animal drives. So why do they need to suffer his pain? But now that the lockdown has ended, most of the humans are realizing their faults, somewhat improving.



This is another reason I hope this disease goes away fast so that we can all be together with our family once again, live an enjoyable and peaceful life. I hope they will free us from this cage also. I immensely miss my family and want to return back to them as soon as possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment