Tuesday 23 August 2016

It Felt So Good Inside


Life is a beautiful journey which becomes all the more worthwhile with awesome friends in it. I have been blessed with many such friends and I am extremely grateful to Almighty for conferring me with them. I love my friends a lot and I can't see them in pain.

A couple of weeks back I was playing in the lawns of our society's clubhouse, with my friend Sameer and the excitement and fun of summer vacations was at its peak. We were all over the place, taking turns to enjoy on the multiple slides there.

However, there was a worn out old slide in the secluded corner of the park and mom has already cautioned us not to get on the same, before we left home. We thus avoided it until in sheer happiness of experiencing all the joy rides, Sameer innocently climbed the old rugged slide. Unfortunately, before I could call out to him, the slide tilted on one side and he fell down and bruised his knees badly.

He was crying a lot and no matter how hard I tried he could not stop his tears because of the pain. I felt his pain too and poured all the water in my water bottle over his knees immediately, which he said relieved his pain a little.

As he could not walk, I asked him to rest there and ran to call his mom on the intercom to come and help us but she was not at home and she had gone for an evening walk with my mom.

I then requested guard uncle to help me take him home which he willingly did. I pulled out the medicine, which mom applied on my wounds, from the chest and gently covered his knees with it. I also played cartoon on the T.V. so that he forgets the pain.

In a little while, he felt much better and walked back home with his mom and for me, being able to help my friend, felt so good inside.

This incident further strengthened our bond which grows stronger with every passing day. 



It Felt So Good Inside
A Short Story by Arsh Sinha

No comments:

Post a Comment