Tuesday 17 November 2020

A memorable day from the life of a Soldier



“Yes, I agree. I can do this for my country”, I, Levis Anderson, had replied to the professor asking for officers who could lead a mission to blast away Chinese camps, in the new A-560 fighter jets. 


I had joined the army three years ago, and I am in the Air Force of India. Before that day, I had only got chances to accompany soldiers for patrolling missions. But that destined day, I got a chance to lead this mission. Due to a sudden attack from the Chinese side, this secret air attack mission had been planned.


I was filled with determination as I entered the cockpit with two of my brave allies, Steve Johnson and Mark Phlegethon. I had accompanied them in about all of my missions, and they were really helpful and determined to protect the country, like me. 


As we left the runway, we had discussed the strategy the last time. All of us had checked our ammunition and confirmed to the control center that everything was alright. 


The part of the mission where I became most anxious was when the people at the Chinese camps spotted us and started firing crazily in every possible way. I did not want to abandon our secret mission. 


They launched D-45 rockets, which we nearly dodged. Some of their gun bullets had hit us, but this special plane was made to endure it. 


It was time to execute our plan of action. We attacked our targets with really powerful F-564 missiles and the enemy camps had turned to ashes in just a few minutes. It indeed was mission accomplished.


But then a huge problem had shown up. One of the most powerful Chinese fighter jets was right behind us. If it managed to hit us, we couldn’t have returned. The only advantage we had was speed. We aimed downwards and fell really fast. Their huge plane couldn’t turn that fast, and we got a chance to escape. We had fired all our boosters, and we HAD Survived!


That time, bubbles of happiness burst in my stomach. I and my partners walked proudly to our main area, and there everyone congratulated us. I still remember those wonderful, and thrilling moments, and will remember them lifelong. How was the Josh? The Josh was and is still very strong.




No comments:

Post a Comment