Tuesday 17 November 2020

My Diwali 2020


Diwali 2020 was very different from Diwalis in the former years. Every year, I used to visit my grandparents' house and celebrate over there. Unfortunately, this year I couldn’t and was stuck at my house. Meeting my friends and family was just like a dream. 

The atmosphere outside was like a gas chamber, and it was as cold as ice. This Diwali, there were absolutely no firecrackers. Some people hadn’t put lights in their houses, and most of the streets were deserted. 

But if you look at it from a different point of view, it was not that bad. I tried to make the best out of this beautiful festival. I had ordered a lot of lights online, and spent time beautifully putting them both outside and inside my house. 

I and my family lit candles and diyas. Because of no firecrackers, there was way less pollution and less noise, which is good, both for us and animals. I munched on homemade sweets and snacks. The view from my terrace was spectacular. 

I video-called my friends and other family members which was a good substitution to physical meetings. I really hope this pandemic gets over soon and we all can celebrate together again, like the previous years.



No comments:

Post a Comment